Monday, January 13, 2014

Edmodo

Good Morning.

My post this morning will be short and to the point.  It will be such as I have actually created a video for those parents that are truly interested.

 The site I want to talk about today is called Edmodo.  I have been using Edmodo for the last three years.  It appears to finally be catching on as I know the Grand Prairie ISD requires basically all work to be done via this site.  Edmodo is a teacher/student/parent website/app in that order of importance.  I use it to communicate and get info to my kids.  The kids use it pretty much like a textbook if they are savvy.  The parents use it to monitor how much their kids actually work.  Pretty simple.

 Now again, if you are interested I made an 11 minute video for the kids to see how it works, for parents just watch the first five and you will get an idea of how to better monitor your student.  Now, in the beginning I give a code on how to log in, please don't try and do that.  I made this video years ago and that was how you got into the class then.  I have evolved since then and now the classes are divided up and each parent would have their own code to follow their own student.  Just sayin, there is always one who tries to actually log in and then messages me that they can't get in. Click on the link to watch the video if interested.




No comments:

Post a Comment